Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welcome

Welcome single parents who parent type 1 children and their non-D children too. I am a divorced single mother to four boys who range in ages from 12 years to 6 years old. My 6 year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was 2 1/2. I have been single parenting my sons for 3 years now. I began single parenting my boys about six months after my son was diagnosed.

In addition to raising my sons and constantly analyzing blood sugar readings, I also am a full time student. I am working toward a degree in Sociology/Criminology.

I am hoping that this blog will help others in my shoes who are trying to have their own lives while handling diabetes and raising their children single-handed. It is quite a balancing act while walking the tight rope of single parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment